A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items

For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items For the personal sale of Vw/Audi parts, tools, vouchers, accessories, anything that isn't an actual car. Absolutely no commercial listings or breaking / bulk / repeated sale of parts or services.

Old 7th April 2021, 09:06 AM

Default WANTED: D2 FL headlight washer jets and covers

Iíve just bought my S8 back from the chap I sold it to 9 years ago. Itís seen better days now and Iím trying to bring it back to itís former glory.

Among several jobs needed, I need some replacement headlight washer jets and covers. Really struggling to find anything online. I could even be interested in a full bumper if these parts were included.

Iíve also emailed the forum sponsor but thought Iíd try here too.

Thanks in advance.

2007 Audi A8 D3 Quattro Sport 3.0 TDI :: Quartz Grey
2002 Audi S8 D2 Final Edition :: Aqua Blue :: Sold
1999 Audi S8 D2 :: Sold
Old 7th April 2021, 11:44 AM

I looked into this about two years ago and came across another option, namely the jets used in a similar aged A6. The part numbers are 4Z7955101 (passenger side) and 4Z7955102 (driver side). The relevant A8 part numbers are 4D0955989A (passenger side) and 4D0955990A (driver side). All of them are NLA, but you can get ones from the likes of AliExpress.

Here's one on AliExpress similar to the ones I bought for both left and right jets for under £7.00 (just select 'Pair' from options):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32974381649.html

Audi Tradition have the jets for under 24 Euro each and the caps (4D0955269 passenger side and 4D0955270 driver side) for under 30 Euro each, but you need to find a way to get them delivered to the UK.

https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/tradition

EDIT: Forgot to say, but you can replace the jets in situ.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds

Last edited by steamship; 7th April 2021 at 11:47 AM.
Old 7th April 2021, 12:48 PM

Bear in mind those numbers for the jets are only for the pop-up bit with the spray nozzle. The body of the assembly which bolts to the bumper is a separate part and is considerably more expensive.

Edit: 'pressure cylinder for headlight washer', 4D0955101A for another £70 Eur a side.

Last edited by MikkiJayne; 7th April 2021 at 12:51 PM.
Old 7th April 2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Bear in mind those numbers for the jets are only for the pop-up bit with the spray nozzle.
Good point. I was being a bit too literal with the interpretation of the request.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 7th April 2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Bear in mind those numbers for the jets are only for the pop-up bit with the spray nozzle. The body of the assembly which bolts to the bumper is a separate part and is considerably more expensive.

Edit: 'pressure cylinder for headlight washer', 4D0955101A for another £70 Eur a side.
One is there, just missing the cap, the other has the jet and cap missing. Never used the Audi Tradition site. Iíll get an order in as used theyíre a similar price.

Old 7th April 2021, 03:49 PM

Tradition don't deliver to the UK because of Brexit so you have to go through an agent, and so prices on their site aren't really representative due to the handling costs of getting stuff here. Prestige can still buy from Tradition though
Old 7th April 2021, 04:29 PM

Literally just tried to go though checkout and couldnít find UK...crazy.

Iíll try and get them from Prestige, hopefully the price wonít be too different as I need a front coil spring too which Iím struggling with.

Thanks.

Old 7th April 2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
I looked into this about two years ago and came across another option, namely the jets used in a similar aged A6. The part numbers are 4Z7955101 (passenger side) and 4Z7955102 (driver side). The relevant A8 part numbers are 4D0955989A (passenger side) and 4D0955990A (driver side). All of them are NLA, but you can get ones from the likes of AliExpress.

Here's one on AliExpress similar to the ones I bought for both left and right jets for under £7.00 (just select 'Pair' from options):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32974381649.html

Audi Tradition have the jets for under 24 Euro each and the caps (4D0955269 passenger side and 4D0955270 driver side) for under 30 Euro each, but you need to find a way to get them delivered to the UK.

https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/tradition

EDIT: Forgot to say, but you can replace the jets in situ.
Thanks for that, Iíll definitely check them out. Prestige have a couple of the parts I need but not all.

Old 7th April 2021, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt102 View Post
Iíve just bought my S8 back from the chap I sold it to 9 years ago. Itís seen better days now and Iím trying to bring it back to itís former glory.
The aqua blue FE?
Old 7th April 2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
The aqua blue FE?
No, my original green one. I sold it to a chap that lives in the same village. I bought the FE thinking it would be a better car but I always preferred the original green one.